CCNA Routing and Switching has replaced the older CCNA Exploration and CCNA Discovery curricula.
CCNA R&S teaches comprehensive networking concepts, from network applications to the protocols and services provided to those applications by the lower layers of the network. Students will progress from basic networking to more complex enterprise and theoretical networking models later in the curriculum.
There are four courses in the recommended sequence:
- Introduction to Networks
- Routing and Switching Essentials
- Scaling Networks
- Connecting Networks
In each course, Networking Academy students will learn technology concepts with the support of interactive media and apply and practice this knowledge through a series of hands-on and simulated activities that reinforce their learning
Course Features and Benefits
- Students learn the basics of routing, switching, and advanced technologies to prepare for the Cisco CCENT and CCNA certification exams, networking related degree programs, and entry-level networking careers.
- The language used to describe networking concepts is designed to be easily understood by learners at all levels and embedded interactive activities help reinforce comprehension.
- Courses emphasize critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, and the practical application of skills.
- Multimedia learning tools, including videos, games, and quizzes, address a variety of learning styles and help stimulate learning and promote increased knowledge retention.
- Hands-on labs and Cisco Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities help students develop critical thinking and complex problem solving skills.
- Embedded assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills.
- +Introduction to Networks
1 Exploring the Network
2 Configuring a Network Operating System
3 Network Protocols and Communications
4 Network Access
6 Network Layer
7 Transport Layer
8 IP Addressing
9 Subnetting IP Networks
10 Application Layer
11 It’s a Network
- +Routing and Switching Essentials
1 Introduction to Switched Networks
2 Basic Switching Concepts and Configuration
3 Implementing VLAN Security
4 Routing Concepts
5 Inter-VLAN Routing
6 Static Routing
7 Routing Dynamically
8 Single-Area OSPF
9 Access Control Lists
11 Network Address Translation for IPv4
- +Scaling Networks
1 Growing the Network
2 LAN Redundancy
3 Link Aggregation
5 Adjust and Troubleshoot Single-Area OSPF
6 Multiarea OSPF
8 Adjust and Troubleshoot EIGRP
9 IOS File Management
- +Connecting Networks
1 Hierarchical Network Design
2 Connecting to the WAN
3 Point-to-Point Connections
4 Frame Relay
5 Network Address Translation for IPv4
6 Broadband Solutions
7 Securing Site-to-Site Connectivity
8 Monitoring the Network
9 Troubleshoot the Network