The Cisco Networking Academy CCNA Security course provides a next step for individuals who want to enhance their CCNA-level skill set and help meet the growing demand for network security professionals. The curriculum provides an introduction to the core security concepts and skills needed for the installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network devices to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
The course consists of one module
- Students develop an in-depth, theoretical understanding of network security principles as well as the tools and configurations available.
- The course emphasizes the practical application of skills needed to design, implement, and support network security.
- Hands-on labs help students develop critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities promote the exploration of networking security concepts and allow students to experiment with network behavior and ask “what if” questions.
- Innovative assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills.
|Modern Network Security Threats||Explain network threats, mitigation techniques, and the basics of securing a network|
|Securing Network Devices||Secure administrative access on Cisco routers|
|Authentication, Authorization and Accounting||Secure administrative access with AAA|
|Implementing Firewall Technologies||Implement firewall technologies to secure the network perimeter|
|Implementing Intrusion Prevention||Configure IPS to mitigate attacks on the network|
|Securing the Local Area Network||Describe LAN security considerations and implement endpoint and layer 2 security features|
|Cryptography||Describe methods for implementing data confidentiality and integrity|
|Implementing Virtual Private Networks||Implement secure virtual private networks|
|Managing a Secure Network||Given the security needs of an enterprise, create and implement a comprehensive security policy|
|Implementing the Cisco Adaptive Security||Implement firewall technologies using the ASA to secure the network perimiter|