CCNA R&S teaches comprehensive networking concepts, from network applications to the protocols and services provided to those applications by the lower layers of the network. Students will progress from basic networking to more complex enterprise and theoretical networking models later in the curriculum.
There are four courses in the recommended sequence:
- Introduction to Networks
- Routing and Switching Essentials
- Scaling Networks
- Connecting Networks
In each course, Networking Academy students will learn technology concepts with the support of interactive media and apply and practice this knowledge through a series of hands-on and simulated activities that reinforce their learning
Course Features and Benefits
- Students learn the basics of routing, switching, and advanced technologies to prepare for the Cisco CCENT and CCNA certification exams, networking related degree programs, and entry-level networking careers.
- The language used to describe networking concepts is designed to be easily understood by learners at all levels and embedded interactive activities help reinforce comprehension.
- Courses emphasize critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, and the practical application of skills.
- Multimedia learning tools, including videos, games, and quizzes, address a variety of learning styles and help stimulate learning and promote increased knowledge retention.
- Hands-on labs and Cisco Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities help students develop critical thinking and complex problem solving skills.
- Embedded assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills.